How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Me and my partner have separated and have a 8week old daughter

Customer Question

Me and my partner have separated and have a 8week old daughter I have offered him contact three days a week for 3 and half hours each time two while half five, as my ex works nights. He is wanting an over night stay, but I am not willing for this to happen as she is too little. He lives with his mum dad and younger brother in a two bedroom house, has no essentials for the baby. Bed feeding equipment etc. he onced lived on his own and grow cannabis, he works self employed and doesn't pay any taxes and hasn't offered maintenance.

I have a older daughter from a previous relationship and although I am on maternity leave have a routine for my kids then when the eldest has finished school we go home have tea and bath time is at six. I don't want my childrens routine being disrupted. And also want to have time with both my children on a weekend together.

My ex is threatening to take me to court for the over night stay. Can you please advise if he will be granted this.??
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law