How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

heads of terms were agreed and signed.Neither my wife or

Customer Question

heads of terms were agreed and signed. Neither my wife or I live in the family home which is empty. My wife does not wish to buy my share of equity. I have raised the mortgage to pay my wife's full equity share of the house. My wife is insisting the house is sold. I have issued a D11 form to get a ruling on the matter. Can my wife simply refuse to sell the equity to me when she does not live in the house, has no wish to return or buy me out?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have the heads of agreement been turned into a court order and sealed?
Why was a buy out not agreed then?