How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i live apart from my son and partner, we have no offical custerdy

This answer was rated:

i live apart from my son and partner, we have no offical custerdy set up my son lives with her,and they both stay with me weekends, when we argue or when my partner feels like she stops me from seeing my son and wont let me have him over night alone ,where do i stand when she refuses contact,i am on the birth cert and there is no organisations in volved
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your son and why can you not have him to stay without his mother?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi yes my son is 26 and the mother stays with my granson at my house when shes in a good mood but when they argue and shes not staying she refuses to let my son have his child alone overnight because the mother says no


How old is the child and why can your son not see the child alone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi the baby is 6 weeks old and is fit and healthy therw is no medical issues, it is purely on the wim of the mother if and when my son can see his son and its because the mother doesn't want to be away from the baby she has to be with him 247 as , where scared if my son just takes the baby and brings him back to our hse what the police could do to him

Do your son and his partner live together?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No my son livrs with me and his partner lives with her parents


The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
Given the fact that this is a very small baby little and often is reasonable as your son needs to learn how to care for and build a relationship with him
He should try and negotiate with her using Family mediation ( to start to build up the time he has alone with the baby
If no agreement can be reached then he will have to apply to the court for a defined contact order
he can read more on the website here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you