How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

my ex wife has applied to court to take my 11 year old son

Customer Question

my ex wife has applied to court to take my 11 year old son to live in france.
My divorce was finalised in the middle of jan 14 and i have paid my ex wife 20k in maintenace up front as part of the deal as she claimed she could not afford to settle with me. So now i am 20k down and i have paid 14k out on my divorce solicitor and within 3 weeks of the divorce being complete she has now made the application to the Ipswich court to take him out of the country full time.
I live 40 mins away from my son at the moment and i have him just under 50% of the time. I have a happy home with my partner and her 4 children and our routine has worked well for everyone.
What can i do now, i have no more money to fight with - so i was thinking all i have left is to represent myself and hire a barister for court.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Why does she wish to move - and does your son wish to go?