How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

we are a German Couple, married in Germany but living in the

Customer Question

we are a German Couple, married in Germany but living in the UK for 14 years. now we discuss divorce. is under those circumstances a divorce in the UK possible
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
If yo mean are you entitled to issue Divorce Proceedings here in the Uk then the answer is yes you are although you will need an Officially certified translation of your marriage certificate
You can find out more about divorce here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details