How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35073
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my husband wants a divorce he is 65 and so am I ha has a work

This answer was rated:

my husband wants a divorce he is 65 and so am I ha has a work place pension that give me one should he die before me, if we divorce will I lose that and what can I do to protect my rights to this also he has two or three ISAs in his name and I have none they were suppose to be for both of us now where do I stand as I know he is spending them or hiding the money as he says there will be none left by the time we divorce, can I stop him doing this
Thank you for your question and for asking for me
I will do my best to help you
When you do deal with the Financial Side of Divorce proceedings he will have to show what he did with the money and the court can give you a larger share of the properties to make up for any that he has spent unnecessarily
Your pension rights will also be dealt with at that time - either by way of a Pension Sharing Order or by giving you a larger share of the equity.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you