How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My husband has told me we if we get divorced then we need to

This answer was rated:

My husband has told me we if we get divorced then we need to sell the house because he put £100 000 trust into the property when we bought it. This trust has to be repaid, how do I go about finding out if this is the case. I also understand that he is on the paperwork as owning 12% of his parents chateau in France. How do I find out about this? He is not willing to divulge this information to me. I am feeling like I am being bullied into selling the family home. At what point do I see a solicitor?
Thank you for your question and for asking for me
You do not need to agree to the sale of the house - and all the financial information will come out within the Financial side of Divorce proceedings
Start the divorce and offer to discuss matters using FamilY mediation (for which Legal Aid is still available)
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare


My husband moved in with his parents a few weeks back after the drugs incident. Now that I have said I want a divorce he wants to move back in. How do I stop this from happening? It's really upsetting for the children and myself. I have emailed a company regarding mediation but am yet to receive an appointment.

Remind me - has there been any violence/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No , just drug abuse on his behalf

I am afraid that he is entitled to return to the Matrimonial Home whenever he wishes - unless he is violent on which case you can get an Order excluding him.
However you should try and get him to discuss matters with you using Family mediation (
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you