How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I am a British citizen and am married to a Turkish gentlemen.

Customer Question


I am a British citizen and am married to a Turkish gentlemen. He has indefinite leave to remain in the Uk.

He has 3 children in Turkey who live with HIS mother. The children's mother left when his son was a baby and has had nothing to do with the children since.

She has recently been diagnosed with cancer and is finding it difficult to look after them, she is also in her 80s. The two older children are at university, but the younger one is at school (14). We would like to bring his son here so we can look after him and send him to school here.

Please can you advise the best way to go about this and what we need to do.

We both have work here and are settled in a home. He has regularly visited and supported his children throughout, both emotionally and financially.

They also think of me as mum, we have been married since January 2008.

Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

Your husband may apply for entry clearance for the child to settle in the UK, see here for the procedure involved:

Hope this helps