How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35304
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi there. Been separated since my son was 18 months. He is

Customer Question

Hi there. Been separated since my son was 18 months. He is now 18 and is in full-time education still (finishes in June 2014).

The divorce states that child maintenance is to be paid up to the age of 16 or alternatively until he ends full-time education.

Do I continue to pay now he is 18?

Many thanks.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Yes you need to keep paying - if you stop your ex can either apply to enforce the Order or make an application to the CSA.
Indeed if he stays at College rather than going to University you may end up paying until he is 20 as those are the CSA rules
Please ask if you need further details