How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Common law relationship ending - I am looking for advice regarding

Customer Question

Common law relationship ending - I am looking for advice regarding property. I am the only person named on the mortgage as my partner had a history of credit issues. However, the property was bought through a shared ownership scheme and partner's name is XXXXX XXXXX agreement. Partner has contributed to household bills inc mortgage through bank transfers to my account each month. Can you please advise what rights partner may have over the property now our relationship is ending? Would partner have any financial claim on property - which I genuinely believe to currently have little or no equity and in which, I would like to remain living. No children involved.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?