How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35077
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can my ex partner (never married) claim any of my redundancy

This answer was rated:

Can my ex partner (never married) claim any of my redundancy payment through the C S A.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there a CSA assessment already in place and will the payment you receive push your assets over £65,000 (excluding the property you live in)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes CSA assessment already in place and has been for approx. 12 years, my total assets after payments will be below £65,000,

Then your Payment is safe from the CSA unless any of it is Pay in Lieu of Notice
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you