How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been granted a Decree Nisi. I have since become insolvent

This answer was rated:

I have been granted a Decree Nisi. I have since become insolvent and have provided my soon to be ex wife's solicitor the details of my official receiver. I have now received correspondence from her solicitor asking for a copy of the schedule of the statement which has been submitted in support of my bankruptcy for their consideration. Do I have to provide this? I feel that it is a violation of my privacy and it happened post separation. So what concerns would she have? Thank you

Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that this is relevant and if you do not disclose it now you will have to do so within any Ancillary Relief application
I am sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I do wish you were the bearer of better news, but your help is appreciated. What happens if I cannot locate my copy? Is it my responsibility to gain another even though they are in negotiation with the official receiver?


You should simply write to the Receiver and authorise them to release a copy
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you