How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am separated but not yet divorced. I have a new partner

This answer was rated:

I am separated but not yet divorced.
I have a new partner and we want to buy a house together.
When I get divorced, would my wife be eligible to half of the new house?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
If you purchase a new property before finalising the Financial Agreements with your ex then I am afraid that your interest in that property will indeed form part of the Matrimonial Assets for consideration by the court
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you