How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

if i fill in and sign a statement of information for a consent

Customer Question

if i fill in and sign a statement of information for a consent order in relation to a finacial remedy.but dont use a solicitor as i have accepted all blame and am happy with consent order.will i have to go to court for final decree absolute.thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
You will not have to attend for the Decree Absolute - but if you do not have a Solicitor then the Court may ask you attend the court in person so that the Judge can be certain that you understand that once the order is made it cannot be changed
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details