How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I went through the courts and now have a contact order in place

This answer was rated:

I went through the courts and now have a contact order in place to see my 15 year old daughter who lives with her mother.

The contact states I have contact one weekend a month at my house in Telford and one day a month in Northampton where she lives.

If I am unable to see my daughter on either of these dates (due to work commitments) can I be prosecuted for breaking the contact order, her mother says I can and this is what she has threatened.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
No you cannot be prosecuted.
The only consequence if failing to see your daughter is to make it likely that if your ex or your daughter wants to stop contact in the future you would find it hard to fight the request
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you