How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have just completed my divorce petition and sent it to the

This answer was rated:

I have just completed my divorce petition and sent it to the Court. My husband has only left three weeks and I have not been in a good place to complete the form. Under pressure by his solicitor I completed it last night and sent it to the Court this morning. I have now just noticed on the copy I kept in section one I ticked that I was applying for a divorce but I did not tick in respect of my marriage! Will this now get returned as there is an error on it and will I have to pay to resubmit it. I have sent the marriage certificate and would like to think common sense will prevail.

Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
Please do not worry
IF it is sent back there is no extra fee to pay
What is more likely to happen is that it will be issued and when you come to apply for the Decree Nisi you can amend the Petition to include that request
It will be fine
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you