How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, my wife and i separated 12 months ago, i moved out of our

This answer was rated:

Hi, my wife and i separated 12 months ago, i moved out of our house, she still lives there with our 2 children aged 9 and 6. I have reason believe she was having an affair behind my back but i can not prove this. This man is constantly going round and into the house, i'm not happy about this as i let her stay in the house for the kids sake. She says they are only friends!
My question to you is, can i get a court order against him to stop him entering my property ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you any reason to think that this man is a risk to the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Probably not, he is the school Governor of where my children go to school.

Then I am afraid no you cannot get an order excluding him from the property - your ex is entitled to have guests in her home.
I am sorry - I know this is very hard to accept but sadly there is noting that you can do about it
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If one day they admited to being a couple and he stayed the odd night could i stop him then?

No I am afraid not
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you