How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34892
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i have been seperated from my partner for 3 yrs, we were not

Customer Question

i have been seperated from my partner for 3 yrs, we were not married, i have three children aged 9, 10, and 12, i live in a council home on my own and give my ex partner £50.00 per week maintainance money and i have the kids every weekend from friday until sunday night, i am also in fulltime employment, she has told me she wants more money or she is going to csa to report me, i cant afford to give her anymore money and im worried that she could ruin my relationship i have with my kids, i dont know what to do, can you help me or advise in what to do. thanks, Alex...........
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is your gross income from all sources?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my gross salary can vary from 20,000- 25000pa, im an electrician within the construction industry.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much does your P60 show you earned last year?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i havent received my p60 yet, i got lots of over time with varios employers last year my last wage slip is showing £28,000

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
then I am afraid that you are indeed underpaying
The newest CSA rate is 19% of your GROSS income - less a two sevenths reduction to reflect the time that the children live with you
You can read more here
I am sorry to give you bad news
So far as your contact is concerned the law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents so if your ex tries to interfere with this you can apply to the court for an enforceable order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details