How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35086
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi I separated and divorced last year (2013) I have been paying

This answer was rated:

I separated and divorced last year (2013) I have been paying voluntary maintenance for 2 kids since - I have now received letter from csa stating I have to pay more based on earnings in 2012 - I am now on a basis weekly wage and tried to tell this this but they keep saying that the payments have to be based on this figure - the figure in 2013 was higher as I did a lot of overtime then - but this isn't the case now and there is no longer overtime and at the beginning of the year I was put on a 3 day week for a month because of lack of work. I have explained this and am willing to pay on my basic wage now but csa just keep saying that I have to pay on the figure they have been given
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did the CSA assessment actually begin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi I only received the assessment yesterday - but I have been paying voluntarily since sept/oct last year

In that case simply make a formal written request for a re-assessment base don your last three months income
You have to make a formal written request - and they have to do it!
You can also get help from this group
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you