How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my wife reported to the police I assaulted her and the police

This answer was rated:

my wife reported to the police I assaulted her and the police arrested me removed me from the family home and attached bail condition i should not contact her.

I started child contact order proceeding to see my son, I represented myself at the first child contact hearing and the judge informed me about my bail condition not to contact your son expect through Solictor, I can not afford to instruct a family Solictor to handle his.

If I continue to represent myself for child contact order will I jeopardise and lose the case.

What are chance of me getting this bail condition varied?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you have a solicitor dealing with the Criminal Matter?
I thought the bail had been varied to cover the hearings?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have a solicitor in dealing with my criminal matter.

i don't think it was varied properly they only allowed to cover the hearing expect through a solicitor

Then you need to get your solicitor to vary it to allow for you to deal with the matter alone AND to permit Contact if arranged by Social Services. CAFCASS or the court
This should not be a problem
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further help
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you