How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35063
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can I refuse to hand child to someone not named on contact

This answer was rated:

Can I refuse to hand child to someone not named on contact order? There is a verbal agreement made to support an undertaking of not intimidating me, in which my partner or family can hand child over to her grandparents. The people being sent at present are her fathers aunt and uncle who my partner does not know. He has to hand the child over tomorrow . N.ireland resident
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Why do you not wish this to happen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My daughter has aspergers and she has been saying she doesn't like the Aunty and uncle and she is scared when she is in their car. She works her self up into a frenzy over these situations and I spend all week repairing the damage to her routine. I thought its should only be named persons and those I agreed to diffuse the situation of me and child's father being confrontational at handover.
It is rarely worth being pedantic about such things as it can rebound on you badly.
You do not wish to deal with the handover - and this has been agreed - so it is unwise to be difficult about which family members do the collection UNLESS they are a known risk to children.
If you decide to stick to the letter of the Order - so can and will your ex.
If you do not have a picture of the family members to show your partner and you do not wish to rely on your daughter identifying them then simply say that they will need to produce a driving licence before he hands her over
I know that this is not what you wish to hear but escalating the situation is unlikely to end well
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you