How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have two children one 17 one 15. my husband of 40 years no

Customer Question

I have two children one 17 one 15. my husband of 40 years no longer wishes to live with us we still have a mortgage on our property due to the fact we had to extend our mortgage because of a business he started with someone which did not work out.
that business owed the inland revenue £ 6,000 which we had to borrow on our mortgage. He started again by borrowing £10,000 which is still being paid off by the new business he had to start this business as we had no other means of an income.It is a limited company and my husband and myself are directors. please can you assist me with how myself and my girls stand when he leaves and if the business is closed,or not we are yet again running at a loss. We are at the moment entitled to child tax credit and working family tax credit which, with the help of a relative keeps are heads just above water. My two daughters are the only good thing to come out of all this he also has a alcohol problem though he is in denial any advice would be appreciated.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What is the nature of the business?