How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX after many frustrating years have

Customer Question

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX after many frustrating years have moved out of my mother in laws house where we (my wife and two children) were living while trying to finalise the purchase of a property. My wife has refused to go to counselling since the issues started after our last child was born five years ago. I have tries to be patient and understanding for ages now but have had enough, so moved out. We were married in SA and moved here seven years ago. We are married out of community of property and have agreed on joint custody of the two lads who are five and six. Due to our work patterns we each look after the boys for 15 days each and have had this routine in place for several years now. What are my obligations and rightsI we were to get divorced. I am still going to buy the flat on my own and will eeffectivelybe looking aftwr my children for two weeks out of every month. Also, do I need to organise my divorce in SA or can we get divorced in the UK?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children, what assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?