How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
Family Law
This answer was rated:

I just broken up with my girlfriend and we have 2 years old

I've just broken up with... Show More

I've just broken up with my girlfriend and we have 2 years old child.My child and me are British Citizen, and my ex is illegal immigrant.She always threaten to take my child from me not to see her again.I'm so worried that she will kidnap her abroad to Philippines.Firstly, I want to prevent her to take my daughter abroad. After that I'll take her to a court for my child's custody. In this relation, also domestic violence, threatening, threaten to kill my son who is age of 7 from my first wife, also financial abuse are involved. What to do first?I'm so worried that I'll never see my daughter again. Many Thanks Ozan

Show Less
Ask Your Own Family Law Question
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where is the child currently living and who holds her passport at the moment?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

The child is with a mother, she is helding her passport

What contact do you have with the child at the moment?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Until today, I was seeing her at the weekends and wednesdays.We had a fight with my ex today and the relation is definitely over.The reason that I was keeping this relation on track because of my daughter.

Who has had the day to day care of the child until now?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

During the day we have a nanny as we are both working

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

During the day we have a nanny as we are both working, the nany is her cousin she is illegal immigrant too...

Your starting point is to apply to the Court for a Prohibited Steps Order to ensure that she does not remove the child from the UK.
You could also ask for a Specific Issue Order for the passport to be handed to you for safe keeping
You apply for these together on a form C100 available here
The fee is £215 and you can read more about such applications here
At the same time you can include an application for shared residence/defined contact - but you should also try and discuss these issues with your ex using Family mediation (
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Many Thanks

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Thanks again one question I forgot to ask yesterday.Once I apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order.


How long is gonna take the whole process also do we both parts have to attend to a court hearing?If she know that there is court case she will take the first plane to her country with my daughter as she is illegal immigrant she is scared of court etc.


Could you also suggest me a good family practice in London?


Kind Regards



You can ask for the Prohibited Steps Order to be made in an emergency basis - and you can find a solicitor on the website here