How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My GRANDAUGHTER and her partner are going to register their

This answer was rated:

My GRANDAUGHTER and her partner are going to register their daughter, he wants a double barrell name or else he will not have his name on the birth certificate, we fear he will not stay with my GRANDAUGHTER for any amount of time so can you tell me which name should appear on the Certificate first, is it the mother or the fathers name
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
There is no legal requirement on this - but your granddaughter needs to be aware that she will not be able to change this in the future without the father's agreement or an Order form the court
She should also be aware that the decision is hers and hers alone
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you