How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

If a woman leaves the marital home and takes the child with

Customer Question

If a woman leaves the marital home and takes the child with her to live with another man is she then entitled to return to it after two years? Where does the father stand? They are now recently divorced
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Decree Absolute and who owns the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in replying to you but I am asking this question on behalf of my nephew . The house is in joint names and what she left she took everything with her furniture carpets crockery his tools and got her brothers to strip the kitchen as well leaving only a sink standing on two blocks of wood. The decree absolute was three weeks ago. She is planning to remarry whilst on holiday and has told my nephew that he has to be out of the house by 1st. June. I'm assuming she won't be able to move the new husband in!!