How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have PTSD from domestic abuse. I left my husband to keep

Customer Question

I have PTSD from domestic abuse. I left my husband to keep my child safe. I explained to the social worker the first time I met them as part of the family assessment that I had flashbacks and could not be in same room as husband. I was made to be in same room and had severe sexualised flashbacks and the minutes state I could not prioritise my child
I asked for adjustments and they were refused
Unfortunately the SW lied under oath and said I did not request adjustments or tell her what I needed
What should I do
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When did this happen?