How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My 88and 89 year old aunt & uncle are planning on seeing out

Customer Question

My 88and 89 year old aunt & uncle are planning on seeing out their days together in a nursing home. They own their bungalow in Wisbech but wish to sell it to fund their stay in the home. would you please let me know what the procedure is.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What do you wish to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, Because of their age ,I'd like to assist them with the sale of the house however I'm unsure of the way to do so in a law abiding way. My uncle suggested that he would transfer it to me but I think I may be liable for inheritance tax. Could you clarify please.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Is there any reason why they cannot simply market the property and you deal with the Estate Agent and Solicitor on their behalf?