How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, Im getting divorce and my wife is making no claims regarding

This answer was rated:

Im getting divorce and my wife is making no claims regarding money
However,l bought a house a year ago with my savings
And we have a bussines toguether,will she have any right to claim anything after we get divorced .
Thanks you very much
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
Has she agreed to a Clean Break Consent Order dismissing her further claims
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare,
Thanks for taking a look at my case
We lived together for around 8 years in different locations,but she never lived in this new house,l bought it a year ago.
I dont think she gave me any clean break consent order(it just said in the divorce form that she didn't want ant money) but l've been told that even stating that in the form l need the clean break one too
The bussiness we have together is a tattoo shop where both of us are directors,but im tattooing there(she doesnt)
And the company is a limited one
The house was bought entirely by me
Please let me know if you need any additional info
Thank you very much!
What you have been told is correct.
If you wish to be certain that your ex cannot make any further financial claims upon you you need a Clean Break Order dismissing all claims you have against each other sealed by the court.
Without that she still has a potential claim - unless and until she remarries
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you