How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, Could I have a simple answer to this I am mum my

Customer Question


Could I have a simple answer to this

I am mum my ex is dad, he was recently seeing our son due to is getting along although there is a court issued contact order stating 3 hours per week he was doing more,

We had a row due to him not advising that he hadn't got his car fixed and instead of politely informing me via phone call or email or text he left us sitting around for the day he was supposed to arrive ignoring all my attempts to contact him

He attacked me verbally for going over bored with the emails and calls that day

He now hasn't seen our son for 4 weeks

I have tried with no luck to contact him and have asked his brother to have him respond to me and still nothing

Morally I am torn on if I should have him back in court to answer to them as he is also breaking the order of the hours he is supposed to do

What would the process be if I were to take him back to court and could I push for some sort of fine or something so that this doesn't keep happening

I may just leave it and wait and see what happens,
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your son?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi my son is 5 next week.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
There is little the court can do to force him to see the child I am afraid.
I suggest that you do nothing.
Ensure that you are available for the first half hour of the contact time - and of your ex doesn't turn up then get on with your day.
If this goes on for three months or more then feel free to make other arrangements for the day - if he wishes to resume contact then it will be time to renegotiate it to fit with the needs of the child
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details