How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello, Can you help me with my question please? I recently

Customer Question

Hello, Can you help me with my question please? I recently got Divorced from my Husband about 6 months ago. We own a "Park home" in both names. Now I'm divorced, am I entitled to half the value of the Property? My Ex Husband still resides at the Property, which is still half in my name. Can he by Law buy me out? Or Sell the Property to fairly settle and split our Investment? Thankyou.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long were you living together and how was the purchase of the home funded?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Where are you living at the moment?