How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi ClareAnother quick question as my house is my sole property

This answer was rated:

Hi Clare

Another quick question as my house is my sole property if I sell to downsize can I deed of gift it to my sons would my second husband still have a claim on it?
Thank you for your question and for asking for me.
bad news I am afraid - your husband would indeed still have a claim and you would lose the sympathy of the court because you tried to avoid it!
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you