How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have already asked a question with regard to my partners

Customer Question

I have already asked a question with regard to my partner's access to his children. His ex-wife also had their house repossessed, even though my partner had been giving her money for the mortgage. Does he have any redress for this? They did have a verbal agreement whereby, if his ex-wife no longer wished to continue living there, she would sign the house over to him. Obviously, she reneged on this and now the mortgage company is chasing my partner over fees, which, we presume were accrued due to the repossession process.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Decree Absolute and was a Financial Order made and sealed by the Court at the time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare


The decree absolute was on the 5th November 2013 and no financial order has been made

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much is the shortfall?
Why was he not aware of the possession Proceedings?