How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35047
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How do I go about seeking to amend a court order? I am unhappy

This answer was rated:

How do I go about seeking to amend a court order?

I am unhappy with one aspect of the contact arrangements and would like to change the current position from indirect written contact via a third party address to written contact via home address.

My ex lied about having moved home because she felt unsafe and wanted her address kept secret and contact to go through a third party address. She has in fact not moved but just wanted to make contact more difficult for me and I do not trust the third party address to ensure my written contact will get to my 5 year old son.

I would rather not seek a re-run of the whole matter as that took over a year and a half but rather feel only for the contact address to remain the home address.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
It is not a matter of "remaining the home address"
You wish to CHANGE it to the home address.
This is a variation to the existing order but is not a new application
You apply to the same court using the form here
and paying the fee of £95
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to be clear Clare. I am marking poor service because I had to wait two days for a reply. Your reply was factual and to the point so worthy of good but the wait was unreasonable. Thank you

Thank you for the explanations.
Sadly the rating only effects me and not the site - it means that I get no credit for my time - although I of course can only answer new questions when I am online and all follow ups have been dealt with
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you