How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

As part of my divorce settlement, my ex husband was ordered

This answer was rated:

As part of my divorce settlement, my ex husband was ordered to pay a monthly amount of child maintenance. After a couple of years i had a letter from the CSA informing me that he had contacted them and that the monthly paymen twould now be greatly reduced and paid through themselves, overriding the amount previously agreed by the court. Is he not bound by law to pay the amount as agreed on our divorce settlement?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that the law does indeed allow an application to be made to the CSA once any Court Order has been in place for at least 12 months.
At that point the assessment replaces that part of the Order
Sorry to have to give you such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you