How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have had a consent Agreement drawn up between me and my ex

Customer Question

I have had a consent Agreement drawn up between me and my ex husband which states the I will become the sole own of the joint property. It also states that I will release him from the mortgage within year.

Unfortunately I am not able to release him from the mortgage as I can not satisfy the banks requirements take on the mortgage in my sole name and its nearly coming to the end of the 2year period.

The Consent order has been sealed by the court and I have used it to transfer the property into my sole name.

What options do I have if my husband demands to be released now.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
may I ask why you agreed to this without checking that you would be able to achieve it?
Are there any children involved?