How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I live in a rented house with my wife & 13 year old daughter.

Customer Question

I live in a rented house with my wife & 13 year old daughter. My wife is having an affair & is currently on a "date night". can I deny her access to the house ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that your wife has an absolute right to return to the matrimonial home unless and until there is a Court Order excluding her either as a result of her violence or because the lease has been dealt with as part of the financial side of the proceedings
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details