How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my husband want a divorce we have only been apart for 8 weeks

This answer was rated:

my husband want a divorce we have only been apart for 8 weeks he has made up a lot of lies about what I have done to him and I haven't can I stop him divorcing me as I would like mediation first
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you mean that he has actually issued a Divorce petition?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

R my car ids a mobility car and have been told because it was my fault I can not claim for my injuries,I have hurt my back and neck have just spent 11 days in hospital and am going to b need round the clock care for at least 10 weeks, in the policy it says I am covered for personal injury for up k to 5000 pound I know it was my fault as I was over taking a lorry but the other car did not even slow down,I stopped my car and wasted for the lorry to p pass shoo I could get back behind him one out two more second and I would have been able to get back behind the lorry but the other car didn't change his speed at all I would not mind not getting any compensation but I have to have someone with me all the time and also the care of myXXXXXold granddaughter that I have guardianship for has to n be cared for, art the moment my children are all taking it in turns to stay with me but it means they all have till take time off work they don't mind but if it takes longer Abingdon the doctors are not sure it will begin to difficult for them plead can you help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes forunreasonable behaviour

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes for unreasonable behaviour

Have you been personally served with it (had it handed to you) or did it just arrive in the post?
Do you not believe that the marriage is at and end?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It came in post while I was on holiday no I don't agree with what he has put in it it is mostly lies and no I don't agree out marriage is over we have only been apart 8 weeks.I have told him I don't want him to divorce me and I won't agree to what he has said

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about the post about car crash ment Dior another solicitor can you s trend it to him out should I tee do outer

What type of allegations has he made - and do you feel able to prepare a Written answer to it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that I threw him out and changed the locks, this was because he hit me
that I wont talk to him, I have wrote many time suggesting we talk but he never answers and that I attacked him not true

It is not easy to defend a Behaviour Petition since it is more about what people feel rather than what they actually do.
You can find the form you need here
and read more here
It would be sensible to try and negotiate with your ex using Family mediation to see if you can reach an agreement about the divorce without lengthy protracted and difficult proceedings
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you