How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

mother of 8 month old baby boy has some difficulties with dealing

Customer Question

mother of 8 month old baby boy has some difficulties with dealing with baby, father has to leave work sometimes 3/4 times a day, and takeover because she cant deal with it, problem is the mother and father have split up and therefore the father cannot be on hand and the mother wants to move back with her parents some 4 hours away, who are at work all day, father is concerned with him not being there to take over that she will not cope.

Father would like to know if he has any rights as he has concerns for the safety of baby.

Social services have said that if he has concerns he should not return the child to the mother for her to take to her parents, as he has the same rights as she does.

Problem is that until now we have been told he can do nothing about it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
is the father named on the birth certificate?