How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughters husband wishes to leave her and sell the house

Customer Question

My daughters husband wishes to leave her and sell the house the mortgage of which he pays , they have two small daughters ,6 and 4 , what are her rights, can he sell the house behind her back. Does she have to buy him out.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who owns the property , how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The house is in my daughters husbands name, I will have to speak to my daughter to answer the other questions, her main worry is she able to stay in the property with her daughters. Will answer question when I can
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
That is fine