How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12189
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hi ThereI am seeking a divorce from my Wife Nicola, We were

This answer was rated:

Hi There
I am seeking a divorce from my Wife Nicola, We were married in Jan 22nd 2008, We have a son Ryan aged 7, born 2006, we separated in 2010, Because there is a child involved I am told I can not get a quick divorce. In 2011 I was given a decree of residence, with an interdict that Nicola can not remove Ryan from my care or outwith the highland region , after extensive searches by the court they were unable to find Nicola to serve the papers on her, she had a living relative, her grandmother, and the papers were served on her. the grandmother is now dead, so what would the procedure be now, there is no money or property involved, just the fact that we have a child, with these circumstances how long do you think it would take to get a divorce, I am 100% sure they wont trace Nicola
Thank you for your question.

Papers can be served on her by displaying on the Walls Of Court. That means that a copy of the divorce papers will be pinned up inside the court and that is deemed to be sufficient to service. Thereafter the court can process the divorce as normal.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you