How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have recently separated with my partner of 25 years ,we jointly

Customer Question

I have recently separated with my partner of 25 years ,we jointly own a house, in which I have agreed to continue to pay the mortgage and council tax in full , we have an 18 year old daughter who is considering returning to full time education to finishing her A levels . She recently dropped out of full time education. Am I responsible for any fees and support? Also is my partner entitled to any of my personal pension. She is currently contracted to 30 hours a week in her employment and also has her own pension plan. I have moved out of our home and am now in rented accommodation.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Please confirm that you are not married
When will the house be sold?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We do not intend to sell the house. Ideally my partner and daughter will continue to live in it for a few years yet, and I will pay the mortgage in full.

We have been together for 25 years but never married.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
May I ask why you are willing to continue to pay the mortgage?