How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am american and my husband english. I have lived here 20years

Customer Question

I am american and my husband english. I have lived here 20years and 10months ago my husband walked out on me. My children are dual citizens and hold american passports. I need my family who all live in america as I'm in such a bad way. Can I take my kids there to live as I would always allow there father to visit anytime. My husband doesn't want me to go but I'm so distraught staying here. What are my options?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
What contact do they have with their father?