How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi, my partner and I have lived together for some twenty years.

Customer Question

Hi, my partner and I have lived together for some twenty years. Only her name is XXXXX XXXXX house which cost £42,000 using money from her ex. After we got together my ex paid me 20,000 euros. (£17,000) this money along with all other money - earnings from both - went into our dual account. I have no separate money. My pension of £500 is also paid into the account. Ten years ago her father (now 91) came to live with us. My partner works and so I have daily care of her father - making his meals taking him out etc. My partner does not want to get married and does not want my signature on the house deeds. She has a very close bond with her eldest son who has no liking for myself. I am beginning to feel vulnerable. How can I ensure that, in the event of her death, that the son will not kick me out and how can I ensure that my kids get something out of it if I die?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the property worth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Have you tried to discuss this with your partner?