How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My x and I were never married, we have a six year old son who

This answer was rated:

My x and I were never married, we have a six year old son who lives with me (mother), The father has now over the last 2 years become a jehovas Whitness, and been secretly taking my son to the meetings against my wishes, and doing whatever that religion does. This is at the weekends when my son stays at his, when that suppose to be their time together, I have asked dad to stop going to these meetings while he has my son, but has refused and now seems to have chosen the religion over our son. Can I get something in writing to stop him taking my son to these religious meeting,as I do want my son to see his dad but not in those circumstances, Its as if the religion has brain washed him, and nothing else matters.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact does he actually have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Friday evening until Sunday evening, I have recently discovered that he takes my son to these meetings on a Saturday morning, and Sundays, morning door to door and afternoon to another meeting, My son hasn't seen dad now for two weeks,dad chose to go to the religious meeting instead of having son,but is threating me saying I cannot stop him taking my son with him,

Your ex is wrong
You should try and discuss this with your ex using Family mediation ( to resolve the issue and help him understand that Contact is time to spend with the child not in Religious meetings or on doorsteps
You could perhaps offer contact only from Friday to Sunday morning and have an activity that your son could go to on a Saturday morning whilst his father is at the meeting
That way he can spend time with his father without the Religious aspect.
If your ex refuses that then he will have to apply to the court - and you can then ask the court for a Prohibited Steps Order preventing your ex from taking the child to nay Religious meetings or doorstep campaigns.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou so very much


You have made myself and nanny very happy, as we both know dad will not take it to court. £40.00 well spent.

Once again, thankyou.

You are most welcome