How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i am planning on divorcing my husband of 28yrs . He had an

This answer was rated:

i am planning on divorcing my husband of 28yrs . He had an affair 12 yrs ago but i stayed for the sake of our then young children . we have not been intimate for 8 yrs and i have always felt very alone and un supported in my marriage . what grounds do i have for divorce?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Will he agree to a divorce?
Whose choice has the lack of intimacy been?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think he will agree to the divorce . We are both unhappy ! I tried very hard to get our marriage back on track after he had a fling and things were ok ish for a short while ! He went back to not putting any effort into our relationship. He has never wanted to support me and it has always been up to me to organise things in our family. It was my choice to not respond to his very rare advances because I find it hard to without there being any affection shown ! I have always explained how and why I feel a certain way and tried to talk things through but sadly it falls on deaf ears. He has also run up debts and put us into a financial mess . We don't have joint accounts because he won't ! I have shown him how he can makes things right but he just ignores me ! We basically have seperate lives!!
From what you have said you will have no problem in creating a divorce petition based upon your husband's Unreasonable Behaviour.
The behaviour does not have to be appalling - irritating and annoying is sufficient
There or four allegations is usually all that is needed
You can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how would i stand if i was to meet someone during the divorce process ?

That will not make any difference