How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am worried my ex wife (decree absolute and clean break going

Customer Question

I am worried my ex wife (decree absolute and clean break going through in next 8 weeks) will move to another county far from the one we are in now(over six hour drive) with our three year old. She has done it before but came back after two months but a mutual friend has said she has been house hunting up there again. I have parental responsibility and we have been to court once as she withdrew contact, through mediation we sorted out a child care plan that does work, but is there something I could be doing to prevent her moving away ever? The judge told us we had until 31st of July to use the second court date if needed. Would a shared parenting order prevent her moving away? Confused as to what, if anything I should be doing in terms of prevention. Thanks.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact do you currently have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I currently have my daughter every other weekend and mon and wed 4 until 7
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
It would be sensible to get a Child Arrangement Order setting out the arrangements - which would mean that if she wished to move that far away she would have to apply to change the arrangements since they would no longer be workable
You could also ask for a Prohibited Steps Order stating that she cannot move the child without consulting you first.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details