How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Father to my son (dispute)

Customer Question

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i am 26 years old. I have a three year old son and i am seperated from his father. His father sees our son approximately 8 days a month and pays me £150 per month. Although he does this, he makes no additional effort (emotionally, physically or financially) and lies all of the time to not see our son, i feel as though he sees/pays for him because he 'has to'. He is 22 years old and still likes his social life and is too busy to spend additional time with our son.I was just wondering what the legal days were to see his son and what the legal maintenance is too?Also, he is moving into a property with a young friend of his (who has an extremely bad reputation for drugs etc). This is something i don't feel comfortable with and will not allow my son to stay there if he decides to live with this man.Is this something that i have the right to do? I have genuine concerns and i don't want my son staying there.I really don't know what else to do, i am trying my best to make him realise he has a beautiful little boy who needs a respectable and willing father but there is no reasoning with him and he won't be amicable with me. I almost feel like giving up and being a mother and a father.He is also a stroppy man and will not speak to me in the correct manner, therefore i need legal advice and I really hope that you can advise me on what steps to take.Thank you very muchNicola
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law