How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi, my husband began a relationship with one of my friends

Customer Question

Hi, my husband began a relationship with one of my friends 3 weeks ago and has moved in with her. We have have agreed to get divorced but proceedings have not yet begun. Our 8 year old son has been displaying severe signs of anxiety and I have been advised by a friend who is a child and adolescent psychotherepist that they are consistant with anxiety disorder. My husband wants to tell our son about his new situation this weekend and may take him to stay with his new partner. If he will not agree to wait 2 weeks until I have finished working and can be around all the time for my son should he need extra support to cope with this news, do I have the right to prevent my husband from seeing him?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity - he has been in this relationship for only three WEEKS and wants to tell him?