How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35078
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am English mother and split up with my husband. We are from

Customer Question

I am English mother and split up with my husband. We are from England and the father brought us to Spain to live. I have 2 children and one child and myself want to return to England to live. Can the father stop us?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My son who will come to England is 12 and my daughter who is 10 will stay with her father in Spain.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid that you will need either the agreement of your ex or an Order from the Spanish Court in order to return the child to the Uk.
If you do bring the child without permission then your ex will be able to apply to the courts in the Uk who will force you to return to Spain
I am sorry to give you bad news - please ask if you need further details